Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 18, 2011

Maryland lawmakers honor Chuck Brown, play go go music in Statehouse. No seriously.




'Cause that's how it is, and that's how it's gonna be.

Maryland, my Maryland. The Beiges had NO idea what they were doing when they UPS'd the Children of the Sun to your shores so wantonly. 400 years later, this type of shat unfolds with abandon:

Lawmakers Bust Loose With Chuck Brown (That headline alone deserves a choke slam):

On Friday, the Maryland General Assembly honored Chuck Brown, the godfather and creator of Go Go in the United States. WBAL-TV 11 News reporter David Collins said some lawmakers danced while some of Brown's music was played.




GIFSoup


*Elizabeth, I'm comin' to join ya, wit a parched texturizer on my dome and a pair of Stacy Adams shoes on my feet*

Now I love and respect our ancient and rapidly vanishing negroes and I believe we should make every effort possible to preserve them before they are but a memory. However, I'm just wondering about the scene in the statehouse when this was poppin' off. Delegates doing the heehaw? Lawmakers puttin' it in the pocket? Were congos involved? If there is a God, please tell me there were half smokes and deviled eggs.

But it gets better!

Brown donned a leather suit and snake-skin boots with metal tips along with his trademark glasses and wide-brimmed hat.


There was a picture of him standing in said shoes on the statehouse floor, but I love you all too much to post that.

Instead, I'll leave you with a selection from the Chuck Brown Don Diva Style Files and encourage your mind to run free with the remaining potentialies of Friday's coon show down.



My soul feels exactly like that shirt looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment